Friday 18 June 2010

Guest Author Series, Welcome Regina Andrews


It's All in the Cards
By: Regina Andrews

June is a wonderful month! Graduations, Father's Day, birthdays.…oh and yes, Flag Day. Flag day? Absolutely. Besides loving my country, which I really do, I have another reason to love Flag Day as well as every other holiday that is considered less-than-major. I'm one of those folks who loves to celebrate even the most obscure occasion.

It all began when I became a greeting card writer fourteen years ago, a job I loved for ten years. Flash forward to today: here we are, the company out of business because the world changed to email instead of personal mail. But I am still a greeting card writer. As they say, you can take the girl out of the social expressions industry, but you can't take the social expressions out of the industry girl. ****sigh****

As it turns out, my husband's birthday is in June. Being a romance writer and greeting card maven (and oh yes, loving him madly, of course), one of my favorite occasions is his birthday. Thus, I recently went into the store to find him some cards.
The selection was mostly humorous, and I gravitated to the other sections. At our company we divided the cards by size, theme and style (rhyme or prose). There were basically two themes for cards for "Husband Birthday": those were 1) Can't Say/Don't Say ("even though I never tell you how much you mean to me I hope you know I love you.") and 2)Gratitude ("To thank you for all that you have give me, all that you have done would take a lifetime…and a day.")
Mostly I found cards that looked like this:











Not really working. He's not the teddy bear type.





Or this:




…which was totally too Valentine-y.

I had a moment of nostalgia where I wished the cards all were like this:






























But that was not to be. Realizing that times had really, really changed, I decided to 'join them' (since I can't 'beat them!'). So I sent him an e-card and he loved it!

Regina's latest book, "Destiny's Designs" was released with Desert Breeze Publishing. Regina writes inspirational romance. You can find her book here:http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-68/Destiny%27s-Designs/Detail.bok

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Themes by ASRock Side Of Life - Privacy Policy - Sitemap